Sunday, April 27, 2008

Pramadavanam Veendum - Raveendran Magic Again...

First of all, my sincere apologies to Late.Shri Raveendran Mashu for disturbing his song. I am taking an opportunity to sing this beautiful song from the super hit movie His Highness Abdulla. This is my third Raveendran Hit in my blog, others being "Chandana Manivathil" and "Aalilathaliyumayi".
Raveendran Mashu doesn't need an introduction for the Malayalam Film Song lovers.After Devarajan Master there is no Musician who has contributed this much splendid songs to Malayalam film industry other than Raveendran Master. He was the only Music Director who has used the wide range of Yesudas Sir's voice from Mandrasthayi to Tharasthayi. The Trio Kaithapram - Raveendran - Yesudas has made the songs in His Highness Abdulla, a massive hit. In each and every song of Mashu, you can feel His signature, beginning from "Tharake" from Choola till "Vadakkumnadhan", His last movie. I am so blessed to try this song.
This is a very tough song to sing, and I was longing to get the karaoke of the song. When I got one, I had to make some forging to make it better. The recording quality is not so good as compared to my previous posts; sorry for that. Please correct my mistakes after hearing the song.
Movie : His Highness Abdulla
Lyrics: Kaithapram Damodaran Namboothiri
Music: Raveendran
Voice : Padmabhooshan Dr. K J Yesudas
Blog Voice: Arun
Note: This is a new file after improving the quality of recording.





Download the song

16 comments:

Krishnamurthi Balaji said...

Hi Arun, this is really superb ! Hats off to your PITCH ! wow! I mean it. CLASSICAL! I feel that BGM is slightly echoing. You may please check! All the best !

Now, can I ask you to sing a song for me? Its "Neelagiriyude sakhigaLE jwAlAmukhigaLE" from an old film "paNi theeratha veedu", sung Sri K J Yesudas ! onnu pAduvo?

Arun G S said...

Thanks a lot sir!!!
I'll surely try to sing that song.
Arun :)

Harshan said...

Fantastic singing ....very difficult song to attempt ...you have done a fabulous job ... :)

Arun G S said...

Thanks a lot Harshan :).

TC Ratnapuri said...

Great Job on this classic song Arun. You have done a splendid job. A better recording/mixing would have made it greater.

Unknown said...

Hi. A good effort. You have done a good job. Keep going.

Arun G S said...

Thanks a lot TC Sir and Divya :-)

Sowmya said...

Wonderful rendition.Excellent sangathis. :)You have done it.
One of my fvt song. Thanks !

But, it would have been even better, if the mixing is properly done. Why dont you mix it again. Such a grt performance. People should not miss this song. Hope you do the mixing again :)

Arun G S said...

Sure Sowmya, I'l try to remove the noise. I think that is the main issue in this song ;-).
Thanks a lot for your comment, and its great to hear from such good singers like you that you have liked my song. :-)
Luv,
Arun.

Meera Manohar said...

Arun,

Very nice start, your sangathis were nice, smooth.

Tough song to pick and needs awesome courage to attempt it in the first place :)

However, while some of your sangathis (edhedho kathaiyil for instance) is very effortless, the high notes do appear strained. I am sure you have noticed yourself, but then thought will let you know :)

Do keep posting more and do update me when you post a new song!

Arun G S said...

Sure Meeraji, I'll surely let you know when I update my blog. It is really great to get comments from the most talented singers like you.
It was a little strain to sing high notes for me. But I think I am overcoming it... I am working on it. :) . Thanks a lot for visiting my blog and correcting my mistakes.!!! :)

priti said...

Awesome attempt...are you classically trained??? This song is magic indeed.

KAVALAM SREEKUMAR said...

Superb. Pursue your musical talent. You have a bright future i you can can devote more and time for music.

anitha shalini said...

Hi Arun, this was awesome awesome, one of my favorite songs in Malayalam...But I don't know I was only able to listen to 2 minutes of the song, something wrong with the file or may be my system, I tried several times though...can you check it...can't wait to listen to the complete song...

Arun G S said...

Thanks a lot Prithi and Anitha.
Anitha, I guess, it is some problem with the server.It is resolved now.
Kavalam Sir, I am really blessed to get a comment from you for my song.Thanks a lot :-).

Unknown said...

dear nice voice u have, super singing ,and u know that what mistakes happened in this song so u have to make up that. ok dear.High pitch akumpol voice mixing correct cheyyanmtto great work,u can sing better sangathi claritty varuthanam chilayiadangalil ok dear