Thursday, May 8, 2008

Neelagiriyude Sakhikale...

When Balaji Sir, my orkut friend asked me to try this song, I was wondering how come I didn't sing this song yet!!! This was one of my favourite songs in my school days. I might have sung this song a thousand times in my bathroom ;-).So when I tried to sing this song, from setting up the devices till I completed mixing, it took hardly an hour. This is the first song in my blog which I have sung in a single shot, and which I had to sing only once. :-). This most beautiful song from the film "Pani theeratha veedu" is done in the most beautiful and romantic Ragam "Mohanam".The lyrics for this song came from the pen of Kerala's own poet Late Shri.Vayalar Rama Varma, and when it was moulded with the music of M S Viswanathan sir and heard through the Kerala's one and only "Bhava Gayakan" P Jayachandran Sir, an evergreen hit in Malayalam film music took birth.
Thanks a lot Balaji Sir, for reminding me about this beautiful song. Thanks a lot to my friends who have tried to get me the original version of the song which at last my Father got it for me from one of His friends :-).
Please listen to my version of Neelagiriyude Sakhikale, and correct me. :-)
Film: Pani theeratha veedu
Lyrics: Vayalar Rama Varma
Music: M S Viswanathan
Voice: P Jayachandran
Blog voice: Arun.







Download the song

2 comments:

Harshan said...

Brilliant singing Arun :-)Loved it..

Its one of my favourites too ...very nostalgic...takes me back to my growing up years.

Songs like this will be cherished for ever. Jayachandran has a beautiful voice ...

Krishnamurthi Balaji said...

thank you so much fo this Arun! you have made full justice to the original one! very beautifully sung! a nice voice and a nice job! - K.Balaji