Monday, June 16, 2008

Ya Kunthendu - Navaraga Malika - My 25th Post.

Hi Friends,
It is my great pleasure to inform you that this is my 25th song in my blog. I am really grateful for your supports and encouragements which helped me in doing more and more songs. When I started my blog and posted my first song "Nilakaikirathu" in my own orchestration on November 18th 2006 with Roshini's guidance, I never thought it would help me this much to improve my singing, Thanks billion to Roshini. The bloging have equipped me to take over more challenging songs. My growth in the bloging field was a very slow one which any one can make out from the figures, only 25 posts with in 2 years. Still I am a kid in this field. But the lessons I got from my fellow bloggers and their songs are really invaluable, especially Murali Ramanathan, Harshan and Krishna of Cincivoice, Joseph Thomas and Murali Venkataraman.
I am thankful to all those musicians, from whom I could learn even a single Shruthi (note).
I should thank my Mridangam Master Shri.Amaravila V Padmakumar, who is officially my first Guru in the Music field. I shouldn't forget my Vocal Masters, Smt.K S Sangeetha, Shri. Vellarada T R Rajeev, Smt.Vanaja Teacher and Shri.Apsalone Sir from whom currently I am getting trained in Karnatic Vocals and Key Board.
I should extend my gratitude towards one of my ever best friends Shri. Aravind who showed me the real beauty of Ragas in music, who made me learn Ragas through his immense knowledge in this field.
How can I forget my parents who have been giving me immense support for my musical journey?
Also, I can't forget my listeners who have been giving me invaluable comments on my songs, especially BalaG Sir.
And above all, I should thank the Almighty for blessing me with such a precious gift.
Today I am trying something different. I tried to do the Saraswathi Sthuthi "Ya Kunthendu Thushara HaraDhavala" in 9 different Ragas, ie. each line in a different Raga.
The Ragas I have tried are Bhoopalam, Hamsadhwani, Hindolam, Desh, Kaanada, SindhuBhairavi, Saraswathi, Revathi and Madhyamavathi in that order. This is my humble try, please correct me if I am wrong any where. As in Narayaneeyam, "Ajnathwa The Mahathvam,Yethihanigathitham Vishvanatha Kshametha"


I dedicate this song for my dearest friend Aravind.

Ya Kunthendu Thushara Hara Dhawala
Ya Subhra Vasthravritha
Ya Veena Varadanda Mandithakara
Ya Swetha Padmasana

Ya Brahma Achyutha Shankara Prabhruthibhir
Devai Sada Poojitha
Samam Pathu Saraswathim
Bhagavathim Nishesha Jaddyapaha.


Music : Arun
Voice : Arun







Download the song

8 comments:

Vidyu said...

That was sooo soothing Arun! Nice to see such shlokas posted on the blogs :) Thanks!

Unknown said...

Nice one dear.

Krishnamurthi Balaji said...

Really wonderful. the moment the song started and continued with the second raga, I was thrilled. Never expected to be in ragamalika.
the transition from one to the other, and the blend is an UNEXPLAINABLE BLISS ! YOU ARE A BLESSED ONE !

Jo said...

Wow, Arun! Very nice. Keep composing more. How about a light song next time? Collaborate with some fellow bloggers for lyrics.

Harshan said...

Brilliant composition and singing...thought that the vocals were clipping at places...but that has nothing to do with this great package...keep it going Arun.

Arun G S said...

Thanks a lot friends :-)
Jo, I am in the work of a light song, but that is for Blogswara :-)

TC Ratnapuri said...

Very good control and powerful rendition Arun. Keep it up.

TC Ratnapuri said...

Great work Arun. You have brought the life and touched upon the key notes on all those raagams. Felt Hindolam was rushed a bit and could have just stayed with Ga Ma dha moew and showed the essence. Other than that it is a great piece and loved it.