Saturday, August 9, 2008

Oru Maalai - Gajini

When I was searching for the karaoke for this song to give a try, I got a mail from my ever BESTEST (Good, Better, Best, Bestest ;-)) friend Rashila which read "hooooii.........next song wish from u..........- oru malai from Gajni.". It was of not that much wonder for us, as this type of coincidence happened many times between us.As a very simple example, in college we (unknowingly) used to wear same colour dress for days together many times(not the uniform ;-)). She has been a very nice partner as a sister, mother, and sometimes even a grandmother ;-) for me from my college days. We used to create songs in our college days. She is a very nice lyricist. Around 5 to 6 songs are there in our credit, with my music and her lyrics which include a Patriotic song (in 4 Raagas) as well. It was real fun with her. I don't know when I can again sit with her and do a song,really missing those days.
I dedicate this song for my ever BESTEST friend, Rashila :-)
This is an Awesome song from Karthik which won Him a National Award. I think I could do a bare minimum justice to the original one, and even that my listeners have to decide :-).
Movie : Gajini
Lyrics : Thamarai
Music : Harris Jayaraj
Voice : Karthik
Cover Version : Arun





Download the song

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved your "poikal" and "meikal".. It was good! Nice song selection for your voice..=]

Harshan said...

Arun unfortunately I am not familiar with this tamil song ...you sound really good and nice mixing too.

Anonymous said...

Oh by the way, this is Anjali from shyju.com.. =]

Krishnamurthi Balaji said...

hi arun! this is awesome! I think you have gone on a still higher pitch for this song. come out nice! ......long time since i contacted you. anyway, congrats!

Arun G S said...

Thanks a lot Anjali, Harshan and Balaji Sir :-)

Jenni said...

Good effort. You have a very nice voice. Keep singing :)

Anonymous said...

Hello arun am sruthi from shyju..heard ur songs oru malai is super....enikishtapettu..the song is really suiting you...

Kanakkupullai said...

hello arun. can you please send me the original karaoke version cos i need it for a programme. thank you very much. u can send the mail to srikarsrcc@gmail.com. thanks again.